This is the Website Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) of PerkinElmer U.S. LLC and its subsidiaries as of March 13, 2023 and thereafter (collectively, "PerkinElmer AES").
1. IMPORTANT NOTICE
PerkinElmer AES is a global leader committed to innovating for a healthier world. We provide customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues, especially those impacting the enterprise and analytical solutions markets. We bring together innovative technologies and application expertise to help scientists and clinicians address challenges, including through our analytical and enterprise services, including detection and imaging capabilities, data analytics, and laboratory testing, research, and clinical solutions services (collectively “Services”).
PerkinElmer AES respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice is for customers, website visitors and other third parties, and sets out how PerkinElmer AES collects and processes your personal data when you access and use our Services and/or visit the pages of the perkinelmer.com website (or portions thereof) that relate to the analytical and enterprise solutions business (the “AES Section”) which are provided by PerkinElmer AES as of March 13, 2023, and thereafter. For clarity, as of March 13, 2023, PerkinElmer AES is no longer affiliated with PerkinElmer Inc. or its life sciences and diagnostics business ("PerkinElmer LSDX"). You can access the privacy notice for PerkinElmer LSDX here.
Please note that certain webpages of the perkinelmer.com website, including pages within the AES Section, are shared between PerkinElmer AES and PerkinElmer LSDX. You are advised to read the privacy notice for both PerkinElmer AES and PerkinElmer LSDX each time you visit the perkinelmer.com website.
This Privacy Notice also provides certain information that is legally required and lists certain of your rights in relation to your personal data under applicable law.
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to check our Privacy Notice regularly to understand how we may process your Personal Data.
Applicants and Candidates
If you apply for a position with us ("Applicants and Candidates"), please review PerkinElmer AES' Employment Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
2.1 What Personal Data we collect
This Privacy Notice relates to data about you and your interaction with our Services. “Personal Data” is information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, alone, or together with other information.
PerkinElmer AES collects Personal Data including, but not limited to, the following information:
- contact: full name, work email address, work phone number, work address, username and password;
- correspondence: any information you provide when you email or otherwise contact us; and
- technical: precise location, device IDs, certain cookie and network identifiers.
2.2 How and When We Collect Personal Data
- When your organization registers for an account or interacts with or uses our Services.
We collect Personal Data when you use or interact with the AES Section and Services, including when you browse the AES Section or register with us, browse our products online, or make purchases from us. We will store the Personal Data that we collect from you in the course of these interactions, including contact data and technical data.
- When you communicate with us or sign up for promotional materials.
We collect Personal Data when you communicate with us or sign up to receive any newsletter, or promotional materials or information, including email address and phone number.
- When we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources.
We may obtain certain data about you from third-party sources to help us provide and improve the Services and for marketing and advertising. We may combine your Personal Data with data we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve the Services.
- When we leverage and/or collect cookies, device IDs, location, data from the environment, and other tracking technologies.
We may collect certain Personal Data using cookies and other technologies, such as web beacons, device IDs, geolocation, HTML5 local storage, Flash cookies, and IP addresses. We specifically use browser cookies for different purposes, including cookies that are strictly necessary for functionality and cookies that are used for personalization, performance/analytics, and advertising.
- Users Under Age of Majority
The AES Section is not intended for children (under 18 in the US, under 13 in the UK, or as otherwise determined under local law). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children (other than with a parent or guardian's consent).
If you become aware that a child provided us with Personal Data without a parent or guardian's consent, please contact us. We will take steps to remove children's Personal Data which we become aware of as permitted or required by applicable law.
2.3 Why We Collect and Process Personal Data
PerkinElmer AES collects, uses, and discloses Personal Data as outlined in this Privacy Notice, including:
- to operate the company, including performing and managing our agreements with our business partners;
- in order to enter into and fulfil our contractual obligations to you;
- to provide, perform and improve the Services and our business;
- for advertising and marketing;
- to keep our Services safe and secure, including taking steps to detect and prevent fraud; and
- to comply with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations.
2.4 How We Disclose Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice, including:
- To Group Affiliates and Collaborators.
With companies or ventures that own or control Perkin Elmer, or are owned or controlled by PerkinElmer AES, and internally within PerkinElmer AES, in order to provide and improve Services, for marketing purposes, for advertising, and for analytics.
- To Service Providers and Vendors.
With business collaborators, marketing collaborators, and vendors (including website, and data hosting, IT support, email and customer relationship software service providers) to provide, improve, and personalize the Services.
- For Advertising and Marketing.
With advertising and marketing collaborators for advertising and marketing purposes on PerkinElmer AES’ behalf.
- For Certain Analytics and Improvement.
With analytics and search engine providers for purposes of analytics and improvement of the AES Section and the Services.
- For Interest-Based Advertising.
With companies involved in interest-based advertising. This advertising consists of PerkinElmer AES advertisements that are personalized for you and displayed on our sites and through other channels. For more information on how data is disclosed for advertising, see our Advertising and Analytics section.
- For Legal Compliance, Law Enforcement, and Public Safety Purposes.
As permitted or required by law, with law enforcement, government or regulatory bodies, lawful authorities, or other authorized third parties in order to comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations or to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties, to enforce our agreements (including our Terms and Conditions, this Privacy Notice, or agreements with third parties), or for crime-detection and prevention purposes.
- Actual or Contemplated Investment, Sale, Acquisition, or Reorganization.
In connection with a contemplated reorganization or an actual reorganization of our business, in connection with financing or other investment, a sale, merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purpose of permitting the due diligence required to decide whether to proceed with an investment or transaction.
- For Residents of the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area:
Our disclosure is limited to circumstances where we are permitted to do so under applicable UK, European and national data protection laws and regulations.
3. ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
Interest-based advertising is advertising that is targeted to you based on your web browsing and app usage over time. We disclose various types of de-identified information to enable interest-based advertising. You have the option to restrict the use of information for interest-based advertising and to opt-out of receiving interest-based ads.
You can make decisions about your privacy and the ads you receive. You can control whether companies serve you on-line behavioral advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website and using its opt-out: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (U.S.) http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ (EU). The DAA opt-out requires that cookies not be blocked in your browser.
As an alternative to the DAA opt–out, you can also elect to block browser cookies from first parties (such as those from the AES Section) and browser cookies from third parties (such as advertisers) by using the cookie blocking options built into your browser software. If you block browser cookies, some parts of the AES Section may not function correctly. Also, blocking cookies will not stop third-parties from collecting IP address, data stored in “Flash” cookies, and certain other types of technical information that may uniquely identify your browser.
Due to the lack of consensus around a Do Not Track standard, the AES Section does not change how it collects or tracks data when it receives the “Do Not Track” flag.
4. SOCIAL NETWORK WIDGETS
The AES Section may include social network sharing widgets that may provide information to their associated social networks or third parties about your interactions with our web pages that you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. Information is transmitted from your browser and may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address, and the URL of the web page where widget appears. If you use social network tools or visit social networking sites, you should read their privacy disclosures, to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
5. DE-IDENTIFIED OR ANONYMIZED DATA
We may create de-identified or anonymous data from Personal Data by excluding data components (such as your name, email address, or linkable tracking ID) that previously made the data personally identifiable to you or through obfuscation or other means. You cannot be identified from anonymized data, and anonymized data is no longer Personal Data for purposes of this Privacy Notice.
6. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We collect and process your Personal Data for a variety of different purposes set out in further detail below:
- For the performance of a contract.
To perform our contractual obligations to you, including our fulfilling orders or purchases you have made, contacting you in relation to any correspondence you send to us.
- To comply with legal obligations.
To comply with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
- Legitimate Interests.
To operate our business and provide the Services (other than in performing our contractual obligations to you) for PerkinElmer AES’ “legitimate interests”, except where such interests are overridden by individuals' interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Legitimate interests may include:
- to enter into, carry out and manage any agreement we have with a company you work for (whether as an employee, contractor, consultant or other staff);
- to communicate with you regarding the Services, including to provide you important notices regarding changes to our [Terms and Conditions] of use of the AES Section and to address and respond to your requests, inquiries, and complaints.
- to send you surveys in connection with our Services.
- to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties.
- to develop, provide, and improve our Services.
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions or this Privacy Notice, or agreements with third parties.
- With your consent
We may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data in some circumstances, including:
We may ask for your consent to contact you by telephone, SMS, post and/or email about other offers, products, promotions, developments or services which we think may be of interest to you and for other marketing purposes.
- Withdrawing Your Consent
- Where you provided consent for us to process your Personal Data, you may at withdraw this consent at any time. If you do not consent (or if you withdraw consent), we may be unable to provide you certain Services that require the use of Personal Data. We may in certain circumstances be required by applicable law or professional standards to retain Personal Data for a further period of time.
- For Applicants and Candidates who wish to withdraw their consent, please follow the instructions in the Employment Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
- For all other individuals who wish to withdraw consent, please contact us.
- If you want to stop receiving future marketing messages and materials, you can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included in our email marketing messages or by contacting us.
- Our Cookie Notice explains how to manage cookies.
7. SECURITY SAFEGUARDS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We implement reasonable technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against the accidental loss, destruction, or damage of Personal Data. Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Data.
This Privacy Notice only applies to PerkinElmer AES. The AES Section or Services may provide a link or otherwise provide access to another website, mobile application, or Internet location (collectively “Third-Party Sites”). We provide these links merely for your convenience. We have no control over, do not review, and are not responsible for Third-Party Sites, their content, or any goods or services available through the Third-Party Sites. Our Privacy Notice does not apply to Third-Party Sites, and any data you provide to Third-Party Sites, you provide at your own risk. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Third-Party Sites with which you choose to interact.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as long as you or the company you work for does business with us, as otherwise necessary to provide you or the company you work for the Services, or as required by applicable law, regulation or industry standard. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Where we no longer need to process your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, we will delete your Personal Data from our systems.
Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request, as further described in the Data Subject Rights section of this Privacy Notice.
9. TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Data relating to PerkinElmer AES, the AES Section and associated Services may be stored on servers in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that Personal Data we collect will be processed and stored in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the data protection and privacy laws may not offer the same level of protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
By using our Services and/or submitting your Personal Data, you acknowledge that PerkinElmer may transfer, store, or otherwise process your Personal Data in the United States.
Where your Personal Data is transferred from the UK or EEA outside of the UK or EEA (respectively), we will take steps to ensure your Personal Data is protected by appropriate legal safeguards, and that it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
10. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to:
- request confirmation from us as to whether or not we are processing your Personal Data.
- request access to a copy of, correction of, or deletion of your Personal Data.
- request that we restrict how we use your Personal Data (for example, while we investigate concerns you raise around its use).
- object to further use of your Personal Data (including to object to direct marketing from us)
- request that we transmit your Personal Data to another controller.
- if you have consented to any processing of your Personal Data, to withdraw your consent.
To exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Data, please contact us.
11. RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
You may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- If you are in the UK, your supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk).
- If you are in the EU, you can find your local supervisory here.
What information do we collect about you?
The categories of personal information we have collected from you on the AES Section over the last twelve (12) months may include the following:
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Professional or employment-related information; and
For additional details about the personal information we may collect, please refer to the section titled “Information about personal data processing” above.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
We do not collect any sensitive personal information from you.
How do we obtain your personal information?
In connection with operating the AES Section and offering our Services, we collect and maintain your personal information as set forth in the section titled “How and when we collect personal data” above.
We may combine personal information that you provide to us with information that we collect from or about you from publicly available sources. This may include information collected in an online or offline context.
How long do we retain your personal information?
For each of the categories of personal information that we collect (listed above), we retain such personal information only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for purposes of satisfying any accounting or reporting requirements, unless a longer retention period is otherwise required by law.
How do we use your personal information?
We will use your personal information for one or more of the following business purposes:
- to operate the company, including performing and managing our agreements with our business partners and providing our Services;
- to perform and improve the Services and our business;
- for advertising and marketing;
- to keep our Services safe and secure, including taking steps to detect and prevent fraud; and
- to comply with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We do not “sell” or “share” (as such terms are defined by the CCPA) any of the personal information we collect about you to third parties.
Within the last twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed each of the categories of personal information collected in connection with the AES Section as set forth above in the section titled “How we disclose personal data”.
Your rights under the CCPA
Deletion Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we retain, subject to certain statutory exceptions, including, but not limited to, our compliance with U.S., state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations. We will notify you in writing if we cannot comply with a specific request and provide an explanation of the reasons.
Correction Rights: You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information about you.
Disclosure and Access Rights: You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information regarding our collection and use of personal information specific to you over the last twelve (12) months. Such information includes:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting such personal information;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclose the personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; and
- whether we disclosed your personal information to a third party, and, if so, the categories of personal information that each recipient obtained.
Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, including by denying service, suggesting that you will receive (or charging) different rates for services or suggesting that you will receive (or providing to you) a different level or quality of service.
How to Exercise Your Rights: To exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, or to access this notice in an alternative format, please submit a request on your behalf using any of the methods set forth in the “Contact us” section below.
For any requests relating to the exercise of your rights under the CCPA, or questions regarding our processing of your personal information, please submit or have your authorized representative submit a request using any of the methods set forth below.
- Call us toll-free at 1-888-339-8361.
- Email us at privacyAES@perkinelmer.com outlining your request. Be sure to include your contact information.
We will contact you to confirm receipt of your request under the CCPA and request any additional information necessary to verify your request. We verify requests by matching information provided in connection with your request to information contained in our records. Depending on the sensitivity of the request and the varying levels of risk in responding to such requests (e.g., the risk of responding to fraudulent or malicious requests), we may request further information, if applicable, to verify your request. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if you provide a signed agreement verifying such authorized agent’s authority to make requests on your behalf, and we may verify such authorized person’s identity using the procedures above.
Our goal is to respond to any verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of our receipt of such request, but in certain cases, additional time might be required (up to 90 days). We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits the AES Section users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of their personal information (if any) that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge.
This Virginia Privacy Notice section supplements the Privacy Notice with respect to the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) and applies to Virginia residents who are natural persons and provides information regarding how such Virginia residents can exercise their rights under the VCDPA. Terms used in this section shall have the meanings ascribed to them as set forth in the VCDPA. Information required to be disclosed to Virginia residents under the VCDPA regarding the collection of their personal data that is not set forth in this CCPA supplement is otherwise set forth in the Privacy Notice.
Please refer to the sections above titled “Information about personal data processing”, “How we disclose personal data” and How and when we collect personal data” for information about how we collect and process your personal data.
If you are a natural person Virginia resident, you may have the following rights under the VCDPA (subject to certain exemptions):
Access Rights: You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information regarding our collection and use of your personal data.
Correction Rights: You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal data about you.
Deletion Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal data that we retain, subject to certain exceptions.
In order to exercise your rights (or to appeal a decision with respect to a request to exercise your rights), if applicable, under the VCDPA, please contact us at privacyAES@perkinelmer.com.
14. CONTACT US
For questions regarding your personal data, please email privacyAES@perkinelmer.com.
15. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
If you have questions or concerns regarding our Personal Data processing practices or this Privacy Notice, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at privacyAES@perkinelmer.com.
16. UPDATING THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice (including the supplements) in the future will be posted on this page and/or, where required by law or regulation, notified to you by e-mail.
This Privacy Notice (including the supplements) was last updated on March 13, 2023.